Why become a member? ×

Any cheap fuzz gems out there?

lefrash

[quote name='FingersAndThumbs' timestamp='1439904621' post='2846631']
Hi been following this, as I find myself in the same position. Please update on how you get on with the fog as in two minds wether to pull the trigger on one.
[/quote]

Will do mate. Just picked it up tonight and I'm astounded at the size of it. Not sure how it'll mix with a size 11 adidas samba! Haha

Well I tried out the fog fuzz last night.. It's certainly not a subtle pedal that's for sure!

Although it sounds really interesting on it's own I do think it will get lost in the mix quite easily so I'll need to try it with a clean blend to see how that works out!

The squeeze knob really gives it that glitch synthy sound which is great fun!

[quote name='ProfFrink' timestamp='1440393900' post='2850234']
I don't know much about fuzzes, but actually really like the Muff model on my Zoom MS-60B. It's relatively cheap and will give you much more than just the fuzz...
[/quote]

I was using the fuzz on the ms60b for a bit, but it doesnt sound brilliant. Its definately usable but I think Its much more useful for other things.

I have the following on my pedalboard:

Little Bear Rattack (£30 new from ebay) - 3-mode RAT clone. Well made, too. Absolutely filthy.
EHX Bass Muff (£30 used from ebay) - I use as a gain/bass booster. Fairly transparent as long as you don't go OTT.
9 of Swords Twin Earth Deluxe (£50ish new) - Goes from usable to OTT glitched/bitcrushed mayhem. Nicely built as well.

This makes 3 different flavours of dirt for less than the price of many single fuzz pedals. I use a Boss Line Selector so that I also run a clean path and blend in the dirt.

Nine of Swords is definitely worth a look. A one-man operation who has some pretty evil pedals in his inventory!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1441211985' post='2857007']
I got a Mooer Fog today and I'll be sending it back. The Prymaxe Vintage youtube video tricked me into getting it because it sounds awesome in there, however when I tried it at home it sounded pretty much like the Mooer video where it's just awful. No idea how they achieved that sound in the Prymaxe video.
[/quote]

Really? It's quite wild, but I think it sounds cool! Very usable in the right setting IMO.