Why become a member? ×

hello from Holland

ladywithabass

Just saying hi. Been on this forum for a while but haven't done to much about it I'm afraid. Untill I won some Elixir strings here. Which is really great.
Just another person playing bass. I play most on the Squier vintage modified jazz bass. Learned to play on an Ibanez gsr200. For ever greatful to it. I am an amateur bassplayer. No official music school training here though I sometimes wish I could but too old.
I play a sort of weird mix of americana and own work in a local band. It's a good band, according to me. Lot's of room for your own creative input. Lately I started on an experimental soundscape sort of thing with a bandmate for an exhibition of paintings. That has been great so far since it gives you the chance to test stuff on you bass you wouldn't normally play or sound you wouldn't use. Started to use 1 pedal now for the project and trying to play with a pick. That sort of thing.
I love all types of music. It is not so much of a hobby any more but more of a passion in life.
Oh yeah, I have a small amp at home for practice and the other one at the rehearsal room is a third or fouth hand Peavey 115 TNT I have read somewhere they are indestructable. Must be true

Welcome to Basschat! On this forum there are several of us slightly-older-women-with-a-bass - or indeed with [i]several [/i]basses, wait until the GAS gets you! :lol: :rolleyes: :gas:

Never feel you're too old to do anything, be it learning or taking on new challenges. Many of us on here, male and female, started playing bass from scratch in our middle age, and are doing great. By the look of it, you're doing great too, so keep up the excellent work and get stuck in the discussion on Basschat! :)

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='ladywithabass' timestamp='1438941102' post='2838790']
Peavey 115 TNT I have read somewhere they are indestructable.
[/quote]

Yes, they are. Just do NOT turn the special key ten times and press the red T handle down. You should be OK as long as you avoid that. ;-)
My Peavey practice combo is roughly 25 years old, and it doesn't even have noisy pots. Perfec! :-)

Welcome from another Dutchie - one who started with bass at age 55.
I hope you'll enjoy BC like most do. It's basically a friendly place with decent people.