Why become a member? ×

A/B (loop) or on/off, mute pedal? help please

Guest Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

I thought I'd ask the pedal experts on here.
I could wire up something myself, but wondered what is available ready to go.

This is my situation:

I run a loop pedal to replay sections of music I play on an acoustic instrument.
The looped section comes out of an an amplifier, but no overdubbed sounds - these are played live acoustically. The Instrument is not amplified either.

At the moment I have my amp on mute while I am playing/recording the section to loop and then turn my preamp off and unmaute the amp when it's time for playback. this works fine, but the new piece I'm working on needs a smoother transition than using my hands allow, therefor pedals!

So I need two on/off or A/B pedals (I'd just have the B channel going nowhere) or mute pedals if such a thing exists.
I need these to be small items Ideally and with quiet physical ection and silent electronic action.

Can anyone shed some light on what is available please?

Also cost is a factor.

Cheers
Thomas

One of these should do the job, and note "silent switching" option

https://www.vein-tap.com/product-category/true-bypass-loopers/?utm_source=Vein-Tap.com+Newsletter&utm_campaign=bf3207bcc6-Clickless_True_Bypass8_5_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9f7cb15e72-bf3207bcc6-105502853&mc_cid=bf3207bcc6&mc_eid=84fef6d8de

Edited by Roland Rock

• 3 weeks later...

There's a bunch of manufacturers who do all kinds of loopers (not in the play-replay sense but in the loop-in-the-signal-chain sense) and switchers. Most/all of them will have kill switches or A/B switchers, with various features:

loop-master.com
American Loopers
GigRig
Bright Onion pedals
One control
decibel11
Boss (obviously)
Sound Sculpture Switchblade
Carl-Martin Octa-Switch
Moen
Swift Pedals
this1smyne