Why become a member? ×

BF Super Midget and G2 midget

MoonBassAlpha

Guest bassman7755

Theorising somewhat since I don't own a super midget .... I would think the super midget solo would be the best bet as it looks like it does everything the g2 midget does but a bit better.

Presumably you already own one of these cabs, a G2 midget I'm guessing ? - if thats the case then I would either sell it and put the cash towards a 2nd super midget, or get a 2nd G2 midget.

Haven't tried that combination, but I do occasionally use my G2 Midget t with my Big Baby2 when more volume is needed and i'm happy with the results. May not be an ideal pair from Alex's point of view, but it achieves the required results for me on the very few occasions it's required.

Thanks for the input chaps.
I recently sold one of my G2 Midgets with a view to getting the Super. I only ever used the pair in rehearsal, one has covered the gigs so far, easily. It's really the tweeter I'm after, as I use a separate one in a little box.
It's just that we've got a gig coming up where the extra cab might be needed. Though I suspect a Shuttle 6 through a SM will be enough. I can always unload the G2Midget if it proves surplus to requirements.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1439289780' post='2841524']
It's just that we've got a gig coming up where the extra cab might be needed. Though I suspect a Shuttle 6 through a SM will be enough. I can always unload the G2Midget if it proves surplus to requirements.
[/quote]

So your going to get a SM and keep the other G2M until youre satisfied you dont need it ... sounds like a good plan to me, TBH if the SM is as loud/deep as a G2 compact (which I think it is supposed to be ...) then it should do most things on its own.

Edited by bassman7755

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1440536189' post='2851781']
G3 SM incoming, hopefully in time for practice tomorrow night. Will post impression soon, if you're interested.
[/quote]

I'd be very interested to hear your opinions.

I've been a Barefaced user since the early days. All my cabs are G1/G2 (Compact & Midget) and I'm tempted to move over to G3.

I quite fancy the G3 Midget. Or maybe a pair. :D

Frank.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, first gig with the SM, a barn/function room on the side of a pub, vocal PA. Used on its own with a Shuttle6, so up to 300W, filled the place with ease, good loud vocal sound in the PA and monitors so we were a bit louder than usual. I used a fuzzy overdrive on a couple of numbers, cut the treble a bit on the pedal, tweeter on the cab full on, and I have to say it sounded pretty righteous. Didn't get any specific comments about my sound, but more complements about the band as a whole than ever before. Which was nice.