Why become a member? ×

SFX Thumpinator

danny-79

Just a quick question. I have ordered a new one so still waiting for it.
If you use one ware about in your chain do you place yours ?
My chain is :
Tuner - Octave - B3K - SVT Driver - Chorus .
Do I put it first ~(just after the tuner) or.... should I put it after the octave so it catches any bad tracking when I lower notes (g on the e downward)
so :
Tuner - Octave - Thumpinator - B3K - SVT - Chorus.
or at the end, after the chorus ?
Just a pondering, I will end up trying all over just thinking of a starting place so asking those in the know !
Cheers
Dan

Edited by danny-79

][quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1439241041' post='2841284']
i put mine last in the chain so it covers everything

andy
[/quote]

End of chain good, thanks!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1439241849' post='2841295']
Mine goes at the the end of the amp's FX loop so that it's the very last thing before the power amp.
[/quote]

Would it be best placed in the effect loop? I put all mine through the front, would the whole board be more effective if put through the loop? not had much experience with using the loop, just thought it was for modulation more than anything ? there is only a chorus in my current set up and that is at the ende Tuner - Octave - B3K - SVT Driver - Chorus

I think he's putting the thumpinator in his loop so it's after the preamp of the amp, as then it would go through you pedals have a full range hitting the pre amp then have the hpf applied before it goes to the power amp. Would depend on you effects loop, from what you have id just put it end of the chain and go into the front of the amp.

Andy

I would recommend you leave the pedals in front of the amp and put the thumper at the end of the chain.

Effects loops are intended for things like rack effects which operate at line level voltages. Some pedals may be OK, others may not.

Also, if you have a parallel effects loop half the signal will bypass the loop, which isn't what you want with a high pass filter. I don't know enough about the amps you are using to know if they are serial or parallel so this may not be a consideration for you.

Thanks for reply's all !!
I missed the post this morning and got the "you have a parcel at the sorting office" card so am going to retrieve it in the morning an will let you know how I get on with it !

([quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1439397003' post='2842476']What's an SVT Driver btw ?
[/quote]

(Tech 21 VT bass)(my bad putting the S in front of it, sorry about that)

Edited by danny-79

I picked it up yesterday, and have it at the end of my board as recommended. my reason for getting it was mainly just to stop the "thump" from low notes when using the Octaver in the lower region (G on on the E or lower) only tested it the house so far so will see how it works out at band practice for me and with any luck all should be well again :)