Why become a member? ×

Sansamp Bass Driver issues!!!

samtindal

I've got a general question to you all, do you have experience using a Sansamp Bass DI? I've been using mine for a year and have now come across an issue where it is fine for ten minutes, and then it cuts out and the signal goes weak and distorted. Any ideas?

I have an old original one that started doing the same. Bought a cheap spare to use in case. Never got to the bottom of the problem. I tried different leads and basses but the issue would reappear often as not. Will be interested to see if anyone has found a solution.

I've had a lot of responses on facebook groups advising me to change the battery. I know this definitely isn't the cause of the problem as I've changed the batteries many times. It's also happening to me whilst plugged into DC power. Clueless so far, I even tried opening it up, however you cant actually access any of the components inside.

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1439331925' post='2842050']
BDI21. More reliable.
[/quote]

Not sure if it's more reliable generally but it's definitely worth the cost.
Sounds like the Sansamp. Build quality seems better than its reputation (although the footswitch is a bit of an odd thing).
It doesn't run off Phantom Power in case that is an issue.

[quote name='samtindal' timestamp='1439321092' post='2841944']
I've got a general question to you all, do you have experience using a Sansamp Bass DI? I've been using mine for a year and have now come across an issue where it is fine for ten minutes, and then it cuts out and the signal goes weak and distorted. Any ideas?
[/quote]

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your Sansamp Bass Driver DI. I'm assuming it is beyond the warranty period. Did you try contacting out UK Distributor to see if they could have it repaired locally? The contact information is below:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][color=#CC0000][b][u][size=1]UNITED KINGDOM[/size][/u][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=1][b][color=#990000]ROCKY ROAD DISTRIBUTION LTD [/color][/b]
Tel: + 44 (0) 1494 535333
Fax: + 44 (0) 8701 360067
E-mail:
[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[url="http://www.rocky-rd.com/"]www.rocky-rd.com[/url][/size][/font]

I dont want to derail this thered but I believe if it was brought in the EU (might just be UK though) it should be good for a free fix for a good few years, 4 or 5 I believe.
Although manufacturers mostly give 12 month warranty (what, don't they trust their own goods to last lol) UK sale of good acts says it's much longer.

So what I'm saying is if you don't have to junk it, or pay to get it fixed.