Why become a member? ×

Can You Keep Time?

ezbass

Another one of the annoying FaceBook things, but a bit of fun. This was the quote that really sucked me in, [b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#8A8F93][size=4]"[/size][/color][/font][/b][b][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#8A8F93][size=4]Take the test below and find out if you're a human metronome or a bass player's worst nightmare."[/size][/color][/font][/b]

[url="http://www.thelooploft.com/blogs/ryans-corner/38917697-can-you-keep-perfect-time-take-this-test-and-find-out"]http://www.thelooplo...st-and-find-out[/url]

I got 898, I wish I could've used my foot on the mouse, but that might've been expensive.

Edited by ezbass

Only done 3 attempts but got 860. Don't think that's too bad really considering I almost never play with a metronome (I am however going to start using one...so I tell myself.)

Edit : Slightly addictive this. about 15 goes I'm now upto 900 on the dot :D

Edited by Cameronj279

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1440098290' post='2848351']
I frequently keep time in my beat group so I will not resort to cheap arcade games to tell me I'm not good at it.

Actually, I'm scared to do it in case I'm shown up !
[/quote]Pretty much how I felt before I had a go.

It's something you have to keep repeating to get the mouse clicking in time. My foot was staying perfectly in time, but I'm buggered if I can manage to click my mouse pad in time with my foot. Progressed from 700 - 823 but really can't be bothered to keep hitting my mousepad!

The thing is, keeping time by feel is not necessarily the same as a machine keeping time, so if you are getting 700 or 800 odd, you are still pretty much in time to the human ear, so I am not going to worry too much about it. I kept trying and on my iPhone , the best I could get was 877. Tapping an iPhone screen is not really ideal.
It's fun but I don't really think it is a measure of how you should give up playing cos you are useless!

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1440184084' post='2848987']
god ...im crap i keep gettin 50.[/quote]

Not sure if you're being serious but if you are - look at the top of the page after you're done, not at the bottom. Got me confused too...

It's a nice game, and the nice thing about it is that I actually got better at it after a few goes. So it's both fun and educational :P

Edited by ProfFrink