BluRay

[s]£975[/s] [s]£950 [/s] £900

For sale/trade is my USA Musicman Stingray 4HH:[list]
[*]2009, Custom order
[*]Matched headstock
[*]Rosewood fingerboard
[*]3-band EQ
[/list]
This bass is in a very rare and striking colour – semi-transparent Pacific Blueburst. Depending on the lighting, the colour can look blue, green or turquoise – its hard to capture this in the photos, but really is stunning. The extra pick-up adds an array of useful tones. The bass has been recently strung with a fresh set of EB 45-105s (as originally shipped).

The bass is in great condition and hasn’t seen much use (3 gigs and maybe 15 rehearsals). Set-up, tone and play-ability are all A1.

There is some plectrum swirling on the pickguard and a scuff / graze on the varnish (approx. 3cm[size=1]2[/size]), I think from a cuff button, above the bridge pup which doesn't show up on the pictures.

Includes original Musicman hardshell case (in good condition, some storage marks on the outside).

A few pics below (click to enlarge)

[attachment=199056:1.jpg]

[attachment=199057:7.jpg]

[attachment=199058:2.jpg]

[attachment=199059:3.jpg]

[attachment=199060:4.jpg]

[attachment=199061:5.jpg]

[attachment=199062:6.jpg]

[attachment=199063:post-9102-0-47488200-1382176862.jpg]

Preference for straight sale, but happy to consider trades for upmarket P or PJ type bass such as Yamaha 2024/Attitude3, Shuker P etc.

Weight comes in at just over 4kg according to bathroom scales.

Edit to clarify - neck is maple with rosewood fingerboard (corrected above)

Edited by BluRay

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1442819923' post='2869600']
Great looking bass.
Although you apparently aren't saying no, are you interested in trades, and if so, what in particular.

A published weight also helps some of the older members with their decision making :)

GLWTS
[/quote]
Thanks for the comments - I've added a footnote to the post about trades & weight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1448289178' post='2914164']
Just for clarity, I think you have a rosewood fingerboard on a maple neck rather than a rosewood neck. It might seem picky, but you can get a Stingray with a rosewood neck, but I don't think this is one.
[/quote]

Yes, you are correct - it is a rosewood fingerboard on a standard maple neck. I didn't know they offered a "full" rosewood version, so thanks for clarifying.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1450474763' post='2933277']
Damn. That's the one I want. :(

I don't suppose it's a SLO neck, is it?
[/quote]

Its a regular Stingray neck, not the slo version. Per usual, its unvarnished (with gun-oil rub). Still for sale!

[quote name='Chaos Daveo' timestamp='1451654646' post='2942115']
Bit of a long shot but don't suppose I could tempt you with an oversized Les Paul Gibson.
[/quote]

Sorry for the slow reply - only just spotted the comment - no thank you, I don't think that would be quite my thing. Thanks anyway.