Why become a member? ×

SOLD MTD 635-24 rare bloodwood top
£2400

nobodysprefect

edit: getting out of playing. Therefore not interested in trading for personal use.

For the inevitable trade offers, if tradebait == undervalued mass market stuff I'll listen, but I REALLY prefer cash at this time, so your stuff should be [u]greatly[/u] [u]undervalued[/u] for me to be interested.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is a great example of Mike Tobias' genius. I have played lots of MTDs, and this one has the biggest tone of three, if also the least grizzle and sizzle, except for the mango-rosewood that was far too warm and soft for me. The woods are alder and rare bloodwood for the body, maple and ebony for the neck. As you would expect, the bass has a full body of note, with clear hi mids and highs. Lots of attack, too, not compressed at all.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bloodwood is much more attractive in the flesh, it's one of those woods that are really, really, hard to get to photo well. The bass is in excellent condition and comes with the MTD hard case.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Asking 2400 quid incl shipping. Both the bloodwood top and ebony board carry a hefty upcharge these days. In fact, I've only ever seen one other MTD with a bloodwood top. It has a complex deep red colour that changes with the angle of reflection and tonally it's between maple and ebony, afaik.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]photos: [/font][/color]
[url="http://s626.photobucket.com/user/prkl0405/library/MTD/635%20bloodwood"]http://s626.photobuc...635%20bloodwood[/url]

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 4 weeks later...