Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Precision Lyte - U Turn Halloween price drop to £275
£350

Paul S

My cull continues.

I may regret this as we have been through a lot together but here we go...

Fender Precision Lyte, MIJ 1990-91. Glossy piano black body, active P/J pickups, narrow Jazz width (as in really narrow - Geddy Lee type) neck with 22 frets. Weighs 7.5lbs.

This has been a bit of a money pit, all things considered. I bought it unseen a few years ago and it was a gaudy bright pinky red. I couldn't live with the colour so I tried to refinish it myself - badly - in black and took the headstock back to wood. Had a replica decal made that has the correct serial no. Also the electrics were knackered so I fitted a J. East U retro preamp. With the original Fender pickups it sounds huge. P pickup sounds a bit, but not exactly, like a Precision. J pup similarly like a Jazz but not exactly. Blended they sound great, quite burpy and probably my favourite setting.

I had the bass refinished recently by Andyjr1515 who made this blog of his work [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/244071-fender-precision-lyte-body-refinish/page__p__2571980__hl__lyte__fromsearch__1#entry2571980"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2571980[/url] and he made an absolutely fantastic job of it.

Bad things - I put a Hipshot detuner on it and in doing so completely scuffed over the thread of one of the screws. Wedged attractively in place with a rubber washer and actually works perfectly unlike most I have fitted. I won't attempt to remove it but include the original tuner. Gold finish is a bit worn in places. I stuck some luminous dots on the fret postion markers and it is a little scruffy.

Will come in a heat damaged but perfectly usable Hiscox case.

Looking for [s]£350[/s] [s]£325[/s] collected from SS7. Can deliver within a reasonable distance for fuel or meet half-way. Overnight courier to mainland UK would be £25. cash on collection, payPal no fees or bank transfer.

U Turn Halloween price drop to £300 posted or £275 collected.

[attachment=199214:lyte1.jpg] [attachment=199215:lyte2.jpg] [attachment=199216:lyte3.jpg] [attachment=199217:lyte4.jpg] [attachment=199218:lyte5.jpg] [attachment=199219:lyte6.jpg] [attachment=199220:lyte7.jpg] [attachment=199221:lyte8.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rescued from page 3 type bump.

Just to precis - refinished body in superb condition, J East U retro preamp, Hiscox case (albeit a bit scruffy in one place) - these are serious considerations! First offer over £300 will be taken, folks - this needs to go.

Argh ... I'm very tempted by this, Its got my name on it and everything .... but .. I have a weird question ... Is it "small" ... not in scale length per say but actual physical dimensions. i'm a Huge Viking of a chap and as such "modern style'd basses somtimes feel a bit pokey"

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1445762572' post='2893868']
£300 - this is ridiculously cheap! In case anyone is seeing who blinks first I won't be dropping any more, better to go in the loft :)
[/quote]

U Turn approaching.... I have just this morning had a rush of blood and bought something else so this has to go. £275 collected or £300 POSTED. :) Refinished MIJ Fender with East preamp for Squier money.

Edit - away from pc until 1st nov.

Edited by Paul S