Why become a member? ×

Ray Brown Biography Book?

TheG

Anyone know of a Ray Brown Biography Book not Ray Browns Bass Method book or a transcriptions book?

I have looked but can't find one anywhere so Im assuming there isn't one which seems odd?

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong!

Cheers

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1440511055' post='2851374']
My exact words (inc typo) were.....

:lol:

[/quote]

:D

That's my memory shot then

Just checked, and it was my other suggestion of Ron Carter where it had been done before.

Come on Bilbo, that was three years ago, where's the Ray Brown book??

Edited by Roland Rock

I made some progress on a Jimmy Garrison book but it stalled for various reasons. It is not beyond recovery, however, and may yet see the light of day. Ray Brown doiesn't interest me, for some reason. I like his playing, I just don't really get excited about the people he plays with. My loss, I suspect, but there you are.

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1440531433' post='2851693']
Just the one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-P-C-Chambers-Popular-History/dp/1845536363
[/quote]
Talk about getting an extreme reaction from your readers - only two Amazon reviews, one 5 star & the other a 1 star...! :-)

Well played Sir...

Edited by peteb

The first five reviews of the book that I saw on-line were, respectively 5 star, 4 star, 3 star, 2 star and 1 star. I think that says it all really. There are some nice, sensible reviews out there. At the end of the day, if anyone is a PC fan, they would benefit from reading it. It may not tell them everything they want to know and may not be the best biography ever written but they would certainly know more when they had finished it than when they started so what's to lose. I sincerely hope that one day someone writes a better one. I'd be the first to buy it.