Why become a member? ×

Posting guitars?

JJW

I have got a bass for sale on eBay at the moment and I know how to pack it and everything like that but I don't know actually what to do after that, I don't think I can just take it to the post office can I and what will be the cheapest?

[quote name='JJW' timestamp='1440511434' post='2851376']
I have got a bass for sale on eBay at the moment and I know how to pack it and everything like that but I don't know actually what to do after that, I don't think I can just take it to the post office can I and what will be the cheapest?
[/quote]

Indeed you [i]can[/i] take it to the Post Office. Ask the nice lady behind the counter to quote you a cost for sending it Parcelforce and they will happily oblige. If the cost meets with your approval you pay them and they will open a little hatch in the window and put the box with all the other parcels out the back.

I've done this loads of times and never had a problem. It's usually cost £25-50 depending on the speed of delivery one requires.

The downside of Parcelforce is their limitations and exclusions on the insurance of musical instruments in transit. This has not proved an obstacle for me in the past, though I might have reservations about putting any [i]very[/i] high-value instrument into the hands of [i]any[/i] courier. In some instances it may be cheaper and safer to drive the item oneself to its destination if it's within motoring distance.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1440512142' post='2851385']
Measure and weigh it, then go to [url="http://www.interparcel.com"]http://www.interparcel.com[/url] and you'll find many price and service options.

You can have services which will pick it up from your house, or many have a list of places where you can drop it off.
[/quote]

Yep, I always choose the UPS option. Efficient, on time, text you to advise of delivery (for 20p), all good stuff.

This topic has been covered a few times, answer always the same:
Book UPS through Interparcel website, I've used them loads, never had an issue.

Beware Parcelforce as they don't insure musical instruments so if it gets damaged you are buggered.

Edited by ribbetingfrog