Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender 1997 Deluxe Jazz Bass
£1000

Owen.

[u][b][size=5]Price Trade Value - £850!!!![/size][/b][/u]

[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody][size=4]Im selling my 1997 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass to fund a new bass I am after. Also money for a new laptop because mine is about out the door. I've not owned it for very long as I got it in a trade about 2 months ago.[/size][/font]

[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody][size=4]The paint job is custom and done professionally at Noiseworks, Coventry.[/size][/font]
[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody]Comes with the John Suhr pickups that were only used in these for a limited time.[/font]
[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody]Also comes with a Fender TSA002 Hardcase. [/font]

[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody][size=4]There are two reasons as to why I am selling it. 1. It doesn't get played often so I'd rather it be in the hands of a bass player that can give it the attention it needs. 2. I'm getting married and need the £££ so no trades pleaseeeee.[/size][/font]

[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody][size=4]Collection Only[/size][/font]

[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody][size=4]Thanks for looking.[/size][/font]

[font=UICTFontTextStyleBody][size=4]I am based in the Walsall, West Midlands, UK.[/size][/font]

[u][i][b]Photos Available Here[/b][/i][/u]: [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/37o2xu3eutlnkk4/AACI-ixpwHqmoIWlvM2VL67Za?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....lvM2VL67Za?dl=0[/url]

Edited by Owen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hummh.

I can see that that is a Custom paint job, as you state BUT bro, that is not the original neck/serial number.
Fender did NOT offer the Deluxe Jazz in 1997 with Blocks on the fingerboard. So I can assume that this was another Custom add on ?
And lastly this model is called the Jazz Bass Deluxe. The name American Deluxe did not come into use until July 1998--when John Suhr and Fender Corp. parted ways.
Nice case, but again not the original.
In your favor, Maple boards though offered as a no charge option are rather rare. AND your bass appears to have the Suhr pickups and likely (hopefully) the Suhr preamp. Second to none and better than most--including after market high priced preamps.
Collection ?
I don't understand the inclusion of this ? Plz explain ?

If you need any additional info I would be happy to send you the official documentation that I received from Fender.

I do collect and play these specific models from 1995-1998 (pre July).

GLWTS.

Thanks for the info.

The inlays on this bass I forgot to mention are stickers. They are black dots underneath.
The case is also not the bass that came with it, only the hard case that I had available to go with it.

This post can be deleted now as the bass has been sold.

Thanks