Why become a member? ×

BassStringsOnline

Funky Dunky

Happily took my order and my money, then 9 days later email me to tell me they don't ship Dunlop products overseas. Most annoying. A full refund has been given, but it was an unbelievable price for the strings so I'm naturally a tad bitter. In this day and age, not shipping Dunlop products overseas seems odd. Nothing mentioned at the point of purchase, took them over a week to make me aware. Poor show.

Edited by Funky Dunky

Strange, I've had great dealings with Jason unless there's a clause in his contract with Dunlop limiting him as a retailer to the US only.
I've bought a set of La Bella super long black tapewound strings for my AEB-1 from him. Strings for this bass are like rocking horse poo with embedded hens' teeth and are only available from him.
Yesterday he posted 25 sets of D'Addario guitar strings at a ridiculously reduced price (eBay ad) to me.
Did you go direct or through his eBay listings?

It does actually say on the product page just under the string gauges that Dunlop strings can't be shipped outside the USA. Same goes for Ernie Ball strings. Most others are OK.
It's not BSO fault, it's the particular manufacturer's trade contracts with their overseas dealers that rules it out.
Had a couple of PMs with Jason of BSO about it once.