Why become a member? ×

How narrow-minded are you?

ras52

[quote name='GisserD' timestamp='1440686955' post='2852980']
no funk?
[/quote]

As a jazz fan, I am one of the broader minded people. Of course their is no funk, I mean for Heavens sake, there is no place for that sort of music in a serious survey. :-)

Edited by Bobthedog

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1440703501' post='2853174']
No Korean music?

Discrete will be disappointed.

[url="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QMWUYMWlEyo"]https://m.youtube.co...h?v=QMWUYMWlEyo[/url]
[/quote]

That's not Korean music, that bassist is Japanese.

This is Korean music, which hopefully will keep Discrete happy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMtb6kDvFT8[/media]

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1440694303' post='2853079']
Is it too early to mention Nicki Minaj?
[/quote]

It's never too early for that. She featured as the answer to 'who would you most like to spend one night with?' in a boyfriend/girlfriend quiz on my now-wife's hen night.

Needless to say, lead balloon.

I'm very broad minded. I like and listen to all types of music. I really can't get on with Jazz and C&W but these days there's crossover stuff based on these genres that at least listenable. Strangely I kind of progressed from Rock, down the list through rap and pop before moving back up it. I mainly buy Indie stuff but listen to other stuff regularly.

I did a post on here a couple of months back asking people if they had a broad or narrow taste in music.
the majority said that they wouldn't actively listen to more than one or two genres. & that's bassists! :o

Me, I can happily say that I'll listen to every genre on that list & some of the ones not mentioned too. :)

I always think that this is a loaded question. I prefer Jazz (I know that comes as a surprise to many of you) and would only ever buy Jazz or pay to watch Jazz or even (mostly) accept gigs playing Jazz. On the face of it, I look narrow-minded. The truth is that I would be perfectly willing to listen to good examples of most other genres if I was locked in a lift or sat in someone elses house but, if I have a choice, based in the finite time I have for listening and playing and the finite budget I have for music related products, I would, in most instances, [i]prioritise[/i] Jazz.

I downloaded The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway last month!!