Why become a member? ×

Headrush Looper... fun fun fun

warwickhunt

Just got myself the Akai HR and it's great fun!

Intend using it live for a few numbers where I just repeat the same 4/8 bars all the way through a song (U2 - All I want is you etc.). I'll then be free to noodle over the top which at the moment as a 3 piece (+singer) I can't do because as soon as I start to ad-lib and move around the neck the bottom end drops out of the song. Really makes you focus on your timing and can be a catalyst for exploring musical modes/keys.

£100 worth of fun!

I have the Headrush E2, great fun
What i would say about using it in a band context is make sure that the Drummer can hear the loop loud and clear so he can stay in time with it. The Akai has a tiny tiny time glitch when it reloops round, which basically means if you were to play along with a drum machine (which has perfect time), it would go out of time pretty quickly. It isn't like the newer midi loopers that can quantise the loops.

I just use mine for solo playing, which works fine because you're just looping with yourself, nothing to go out of time with.

Si

Edited by Sibob

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='28778' date='Jul 8 2007, 08:48 PM']where can you get them from??[/quote]

Sound Control (Newcastle) did mine for £100 as I said I'd seen one for £100 elsewhere, otherwise their retail is £105. Not bad considering I've seen used ones on eBay for £90 + P&P!

[quote name='finnbass' post='29940' date='Jul 10 2007, 07:31 PM'][b]Did Akai make a bad pedal in that period[/b]?

I was lucky enough to be able to scoop up most of them when they (Akai) lost interest and they are the ones I would never sell...[/quote]

This is the brand new E2 pedal and what you get for your money makes it a steal.

I've got one of the original silver HRs and it is indeed a lot of fun... it only ever gets used for mucking about at home, which is a shame and an insult to its capabilities really. I've thought more than once about getting shot of it but I'm sure I'd kick myself.