Why become a member? ×

Extended range bass/looping/music technology/music theory tuition in Birmingham/West Midlands, and also via Skype.

ambient

I recently graduated from music college with a BMus honours degree. I have excellent sight-reading skills, and a very good knowledge of advanced musical theory and harmony.

I have been playing 6 string bass for about 8 years. Throughout this time, I have developed my playing technique to a highly proficient level. I have also written an as yet unpublished book on 6 string bass, that covers general playing, and also advanced 6 string bass playing, including chordal playing and chord melody techniques.

Most people buy a looping pedal, and after the initial novelty of being able to record a bass line, and then maybe solo over it, they quickly lose interest in it. Hence the rather large number of used but in excellent condition looper pedals that you see listed for sale on here, and on eBay.

I have tried to take looping a few steps further, and use it to create quite dramatic and sometimes ethereal melodic soundscapes, and ambient compositions. I can teach you to use your looper pedal in a far more creative manner, thus improving your general musical ability along the way.

I am extremely proficient in the use of most of the music software currently available, including Logic Pro 9 and X, Garageband, Sibelius, Ableton live, Cubase etc.

Tuition available throughout the Birmingham and West Midlands area, and also via Skype.

Please contact me for details.

• 4 weeks later...