Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Maverick S4 four-string bass - project, now £75 posted
£75

Reduced to £75 posted.

I nabbed this off eBay because I was curious about the controls and fancied a project, but I haven't got time to do anything with it and I need the space.

Maverick was a UK-based company, now folded.

This is a four-string, metallic black with matching headstock; TRC and a couple of screws missing. The trussrod turns smoothly. It needs rewiring; when I first had it the pups worked but one of the tone controls did nothing. I took the electrics cover plate off and looked at the roller pot assembly; they are mounted on a frame which can be removed - it looks to me as if they are normal pots mounted sideways. Now it makes almost no noise, so I suspect I've stretched a wire somewhere.

The back of the neck has a deep scratch running to the scarf joint. I am pretty sure it is a scratch, not a crack. I've tried to photograph it.
The neck has its share of minor dents. The bass has dents and scars; it ought to be refinished, probably.

Pics here: [url="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/alyctes/media/Maverick/IMG_0469_zpshqf1tr4r.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0"]http://s1295.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0[/url]

Edited by alyctes

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1448840758' post='2918587']
I did some work on one of these last week and thought it was a good quality piece of kit. Very loud and good range of tones available. I would suggest it would be good for metal too��. Good value for what will probably be an easy fix.
Glwts
[/quote]

Thank you kindly :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1458140006' post='3005046']
I would love to take on this bass but I am skint at the moment.

I have a number of things up for sale so when they sell I will take it. If you still have it that is.
[/quote]

What are you selling? Maybe we can trade :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...