Why become a member? ×

I personally ordered this lightweight select alder '64 P-bass body from Martin Sims about 4 years ago. It's an exact CNC clone of a genuine '64 P-bass so the shape is correct. It weighs a titch under 4 and a half pounds, the lovely alder looks like it's bookmatched at the end grain, and it cost me £240 as a bare wood body (yep).
I put it together into my dream P with equally tasty bits for my 40th bday treat... Just before I moved onto 5 strings and soon found I'd never be going back to 4 strings (as you do)
Sooo, I parted out the tasty bitsa.. except this body, which was really resonant (that P sounded amazing, Fralins et al ..)and a fantastic platform for another build one day.

Never going to happen with me now so I just want it gone to release some funds but also to free my mind from umming and ahhing what I'm going to do with it!

BTW I had it drilled for a Fender HMV bridge (with no strings thru on the body) so you could put another straight on, or indeed if you wanted a regular 5 hole Fender bridge etc. the centre hole is there as a guide so that should be straight forward too.

I was going to refinish it natural and only got so far in rubbing it back until the project finally stalled for good.

So. Yours for £50 posted.

Cheers, Simon.

Edited by miles'tone