Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic RS112 vs Fender Rumble 112

geoham

Hi,

I have a TC Electronic BH550 head, and until recently had two BC210 cabs. I never really used both cabs, but often fancied something smaller, so I sold one and ordered an RS112 from Thomann - they are currently advertised at about half the best price elsewhere. At the time of ordering, they were due in stock at the end of this August, which was acceptable. Now, they are advising about three more weeks wait!

I'm considering alternatives. Any thoughts on the Fender Rumble 112? Or would I be better waiting on the TC cab? It doesn't have to be a 1x12, but this seems to be a good portable option. It's not urgent, except for reasons of GAS!

My gigs are generally:
small venues with my quite loud originals band - always with PA support,
functions/weddings with my typically quiet covers band - Normally no PA support, but always available if required
acoustic shows - using my wee bass uke with no PA support

My intention would normally be to use one cab, though I may consider the mortal sin of mixing driver sizes occasionally!

From what I can gather, the RS112 is a better built cab, which will probably take a bit more of a pounding.
The Fender Rumble cabs are nice, but they are more "budget" than TC's RS cabs.
Having said all that though, there's no reason why the Rumble wouldn't suit you just fine. I personally would hang on for the RS112...

Eude