Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT3 Non Pro

Pow_22

Any users of the SVT III Non pro on here at all? Theres one at our local rehearsal studio and despite being a valve man this head sounds really good and can get quite gritty. I see the common complaint on the Pro version is lack of volume and the non-pro is actually rated at less output but the tone is really good.

I ve only played it through my 4x10 with both my Jack Casady and P bass (both with flats) and can get a nice old school sound. One has cropped up for sale and im tempted.

Any long term users on here got any view/opinions

No use of the non-PRO version, but I have the 3-PRO and the complaint about lack of volume - well I don`t know what people need but I`m in a hardcore punk band and if the volume goes above 10 o`clock it`s too loud. Ok, I have the input gain maxed, and the graphic volume slider maxed )though no frequencies cut/boost) but it has no trouble being plenty loud enough. Way I see it is, if an amp is loud enough at practice to keep up with the drums, it`s loud enough for live use. If the one at your rehearsal studio cuts it, go for the one that`s up for grabs.