Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Babicz FCH-4 Bass Bridge
£55

[b]*SOLD* Babicz FCH-4 Bass Bridge[/b]

I bought this recently in an effort to address an issue I had with my stock Fender bridge. The Babicz solved the problem completely, but it turns out my OCD won't allow a non-stock, non-period part on my vintage bass :rolleyes: - so it's up for grabs.

This is a really well-designed and well-made bit of kit and it looks great, almost sculptural in fact. And it's a real doddle to fit and adjust. The idea is that the strings have full contact with the body at all times through a rotating cam system, so there's never any air space below the bridge saddles as there is with a bridge that uses saddle screws to adjust the action. Babicz also claim an increase in sustain and the eradication of unwanted vibration and I can certainly vouch for the latter, if not the former. I don't think long sustain is a particularly desirable trait in an electric bass anyway, but your mileage may vary.

In short this is a very worthwhile upgrade to any Fender bass that uses the five-hole fixing system. Once you've adjusted your action and intonation you can lock up the bridge so it is in effect one piece of solid metal. Technically brilliant and very functional. Have a look at the installation and adjustment video at the bottom of the ad.

So if your Bent Bit Of Tin is rattling or buzzing, or your saddles mysteriously adjust themselves, or your hand is being shredded when palm muting, or you just want a bridge that is aesthetically pleasing, then this is for you.

I'm after what I paid for it which is [b]£55 Posted[/b] paid via bank transfer only, please. Item will be very well packed and despatched via an appropriate tracked method. I will PM the buyer an ETA and other relevant information. My feedback is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/263574-discreet/page__hl__discreet"]here[/url].

[media]http://youtu.be/2lBGAygCAZQ[/media]

I thank you! :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1441281490' post='2857484']
GLWTS Axesrus have Hipshot Vintage bridges in stock which should be more appropriate for you.
[/quote]

I thank you sir, I have been looking at those very bridges. Though I suspect that only the original stock bridge will prevent some kind of mental illness and/or obsessive behaviour. Now THAT'S what you call a first-world problem. God knows what would happen if I even [i]thought[/i] about Peak Oil. :mellow:

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1441565927' post='2859906']
These are great bridges and so easy to install/set up.
[/quote]

True! :)

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1441572654' post='2860003']
you put this up for sale the day after i bought a fender hi mass bridge from the states :(
[/quote]

Sorry about that. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1441573452' post='2860012']
Have you thought about hiding it with the Fender ashtray? Could you cope with the ashtray - I know I could not.
[/quote]

I do have ashtrays fitted. I just assumed it wouldn't fit... good point, I'll check that out - thanks. :)

Edit: The bridge ashtray isn't going to fit over the Babicz when it's in its correct position. However... it does look pretty groovy as it is and with the pickup ashtray fitted.

Edited by discreet

Is the bridge ashtray too low to clear the Babicz? If that is the case, some cunning shaped spacers (plastic, wood, aluminium) could give the ashtray a lift. What to do - these are times of austerity, make do :) I find cosmetic imperfections annoying on my basses, after a while I just forget / ignore them and play the thing. Then again I have one bass with a bridge issue that is preoccupying me at the moment.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1441575247' post='2860038']
Is the bridge ashtray too low to clear the Babicz?
[/quote]

Yes. The Babicz is fine width-wise, but is too long to fit under the bridge ashtray without major surgery. It's longer than the stock bridge and the string anchor section at the back is thicker and taller. There's no way it can be done.

Edited by discreet