Why become a member? ×

Fitting it all in !!!

mikey_thunderbird

Hiya, I wonder if anybody is able to help ?? See here's my problem :- I currently play a TC Electronic BH500 head with a BC410 cab although I love the tone I get from the amp it's a little on the big side and it's a squeeze at some venues to fit it in the backline, so I was wondering if I could put the head (which is 500w) through a smaller cab like a 2x10/2x12 that runs at 250/350w ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike.

Of course you can!

Remember, your cab doesn't "run at" a certain power (wattage), that is simply a maximum power rating. If your amp is rated higher than your speakers, then simply use your ears and common sense to ensure that you're not abusing the speakers (which you could possibly still do with a bigger cab).

You can do it but the only thing I would add is the TC BC210 and BC212 are quite big cabs dimension wise for a 2 speaker cab. I've got both of them and am very happy with the sound but was surprised when I saw them in the shop next to the 410 there was not a huge difference. Best to have a look at one and compare dimensions first.