Why become a member? ×

opinions on ashdown combos

karlplaysbass

I’ve been using ABM gear for years now, and no complaints at all from me. Plus side is that they can sound great (especially for any kind of rock-based stuff), well made, have a very powerful eq, and good connectivity. Downside is the combos are a little bit hefty (which is why I have separates!). Obviously there’s a lot of alternatives around – and if you search this site you’ll see some quite polarised opinions, which often boils down to whether people like the inherent tone or not. These amps do have a certain signature sound. In terms of speakers - I’d say the ABM 210s sound more defined and tighter than the 115s. And with the 300w version, depending on your band, you might need an extra cab to go with a 300 combo (ie another 210) at some point.

I used one on a stage and really really wasn't looking forward it. In that respect we shouldn't have taken the gig, but it turned out ok...
A bit one dimensional but I got it to sound pretty good and it did the gig.

If I was doing the same gig again... and I really don't like the load in so it is the onstage rig or nothing, ...IF I wanted to do the gig, the Ashdown 210 combo would be ok.