Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT810E on sale at PMT

livingbasshead

"[i]Why eight 10 speakers? We learned early on that 10 speakers work much more efficiently than fifteens or eighteensand if you put eight 10 speakers together, you can move a huge column of air. You'd need five 18 or six 15 speakers to move as much air as the SVT-810E! And they simply wouldnt be able to respond to transient peaks as quickly as our tens[/i]" Oh dear... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1441723707' post='2861215']
To be fair, nowt sounds like an Ampeg 8x10, especially behind you at pretty much full pelt, even with ear protection in. It might be a big old heavy design but it works.
[/quote]
That is sounds good cannot be doubted. It's when they try to explain[b][i] why [/i][/b]it sounds good that the garbage comes out... ;)

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1441780400' post='2861616']

That is sounds good cannot be doubted. It's when they try to explain[b][i] why [/i][/b]it sounds good that the garbage comes out... ;)
[/quote]

Personally I don't see why they don't just admit that it's the magic pixie dust they impregnate the driver cones with that makes it sound so good instead of spouting all that made up silliness and nonsense.

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1441832443' post='2862233']
Personally I don't see why they don't just admit that it's the magic pixie dust they impregnate the driver cones with that makes it sound so good instead of spouting all that made up silliness and nonsense.
[/quote]
We can but live in hope... :D