Why become a member? ×

1978 Musicman Stingray Bass. Withdrawn.
£1750

mart3442

[b]1978 pre Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray bass.[/b]

[b]I picked this bass up the 'states while I was touring over there a good few years ago.[/b]
[b]Its in pretty good condition overall for 37 years old, especially the neck and fingerboard, which to my eyes is possibly sporting the original frets.
The lacquer on the body has cracked and crazed, not everyones thing, but I like it.
The finish has flaked off down to the wood in two parts next to the neck joint, (see pics) and there are 3/4 areas on the body were the finish is down to the wood.[/b]
[b]Two look they are dings, the others look like the finish has maybe flaked off. There are plenty of scratches in the lacquer that have not gone all the way through to the painted finish.
The preamp has been changed to the 1982 version, this was in the bass when I bought it. its obvious that the electric have been tackled by a previous owner at some point, as the solder work whilst solid, doesn't look like it came out of a factory....I've replaced the treble pot with a new one bought from ernieball.co.uk. If I can find the old pot, I'll include it in the sale, but it is goosed.[/b]

[b]Happy to post, or the buyer may collect, thanks for looking.[/b]

Edited by mart3442