Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS60B Queries and stuff...

Skybone

Just acquired a Zoom MS60B off Rushbo (cheers! :) ), not really played about with it too much, apart from plugging it in to my PC and thinking that it would connect and work with the Zoom Edit & Share software that I have for my B3. So much for USB connectivity.

Does anyone know if there is any software available to edit the patches?
Does anyone know if B3 patches can be uploaded onto the MS60B?
Does anyone know if there are any firmware updates from v1.00?

Thanks! :)

When I switched from the B3 to the MS60B, I photographed all the settings of the B3, and hacked them into the MS60 from the photos. Not really efficient, but it sounded pretty much the same
after this procedure.
The USB port on the 60 is for firmware updates only, which kid of sucks. On the other hand, my BMW also has a USB for firmware updates of some kind, but does not accept any MP3 data for
the entertainment system. Which sucks as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1491501297' post='3273599']
How do the stereo outputs work? I currently split my signal with an ABY box into a bass amp and guitar amp. Would the zoom do the same job? Will I get the same signal from each output?
[/quote]

I own this pedal, am not expert, but my understanding is:

I think there are only one or two stereo effects, which send different signal to each output. But for the vast majority of effects, the same signal is sent to both outputs.

So you can generally use it as a Y box, i.e. to duplicate the same signal to two amps.

You can't use it as an AB box, i.e. switch between amp A and amp B one at a time.