Why become a member? ×

In ear monitors... Mono signal

Rik (ESA)

Hi folks - ive only recently ventured into the world of in ear monitors, and have played two gigs thus far with a budget (under £100) setup, with sound only coming out of one ear, and it's a revelation! That aside, I would like to work out how to get sound in both ears! Assume it's something to do with a mono signal...? Any help appreciated as always!

Cheers
Rick

Edited by Rik (ESA)

Excellent, thanks both! So assume I would run the output to the wireless transmitter box, as opposed to just wired headphones?

Would something like the below also work or is that something different?

https://m.thomann.de/gb/behringer_ma_400.htm?o=3&ref=mal_a_3&search=1441575515

Edited by Rik (ESA)

[quote name='Rik (ESA)' timestamp='1441656490' post='2860703']
That sounds like a much cheaper solution, thanks v much! Pardon my ignorance though, is this just a 1 mono Jack to 1 stereo Jack lead? The feed from the desk is 1 output you see, and the only mono to stereo leads look to be 1 Jack to 2...? Thanks again
[/quote]

Ideally, you need a specific cable for this, with a mono jack at one end, for the feed from the desk, and a stereo (TRS...) jack at the other end, for your monitor box; the mono signal wired to both the tip and the ring. If you've an difficulty finding such a cable, our BC expert OBBM will be able to supply you with an excellent one, if you tell him the length you need. Make sure it's always plugged in the right way round, though; mono into desk; stereo into monitor box.
The other option would be an adaptor, with a mono female jack and a stereo male plug. You could use any length of ordinary signal jack with that. OBBM could supply that, too, if asked, I'm sure.
Hope this helps.

Edited by Dad3353