Why become a member? ×

Nanyo Bass Collections are annoyingly good

Pinball

Not owned one myself. The only one I ever played, was a fretless one, and it was going cheap
That was a few years ago. It was a really nice bass.
As you say, I couldn't believe just how light it was

Maybe the fact that it was cheap, and so light that put me off buying it? Who knows...
However, I really do wish I had bought it now

If you're not gigging the basses, but you play them regularly
as long as you're enjoying playing them - keep them
Perhaps use one as a backup for gigs? Or try gigging one - maybe they need some different amp settings / EQ'ing?

I never used to take much notice of the weight of a bass, unless I noted it was really heavy
However, as my age advances, I can see the benefit of a lighter weight instrument
Also, I've come to realise the benefits of gigging with an old, or roadworn, or inexpensive instrument

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1444379910' post='2882665']
If you're not gigging the basses, but you play them regularly as long as you're enjoying playing them - keep them
Perhaps use one as a backup for gigs? Or try gigging one - maybe they need some different amp settings / EQ'ing?
[/quote]
I have it up for sale at the moment but if it doesn't sell I have a plan, I'm going to replace the electronics and maybe to give a darker sound. I do intend to play it around and about but not in my band so am looking forward to getting it refined to my personal tastes.

Sometimes, it's nice just to have a "knock about" bass
Something to keep beside the sofa, for when you feel like a jam
and if it's lightweight, then that's a good thing for rehearsing, and mucking about on - your shoulders / back don't tire so quickly.....

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1444397505' post='2882919']
Where? I can't see it anywhere.
[/quote]
I don't want to publicize it to much in case someone buys it .......nurse!

Here it is: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/270642-bass-collection-fretless-feeler/page__fromsearch__1

Had mine for over 20 year and couldn't even tell you the model. Plenty dings and buckle rash down to the wood,plays great still.
Bought it cause it was the nearest thing to the Tune Bass Maniac I could find and afford.
[attachment=202390:Bass Collecttion.jpg][attachment=202391:Bass Collection Back.jpg]