Why become a member? ×

Squier JV Jazz - SOLD
£740

FEND3R

[color=#ff0000][b]SOLD[/b][/color]
[attachment=200447:DSC_0639.JPG]

A Squier JV Jazz from 1983. I won't indulge in description how good these are, I suppose you already know. Thinning the heard a bit as I seem not to get along well with jazz width necks so this is up for sale.

I bought it from the original owner who unfortunately swapped the electronics for US EMG tan bottom pickups and EMG pots in the late 80's and did not have the original bits no more. So I removed the nasty EMG's and pots and installed 5% overwound Lindy Fralins plus correct pots. Also bought the correct brass ground strap and installed it. The latter "upgrades" sum up to around 200 pounds.

The neck stamp on this one is April 83, the serial also suggests this, so just a year after production started, which is nice since it has the vintage correct bridge and tuners, replaced by the standard Japanese hardware on the later specimens.

Apart from the electronics everything is completely original. It has some wear – few dings and bumps – the biggest one around the bridge pickup (I have tried to show everything in the photos). Nevertheless its very clean for a 32 year old bass. The electronics, truss rod, hardware and everything else works perfectly. The bass plays sweet with a nice action, no dead spots, currently strung with roundwounds, minimal fret wear. The neck feels great, a more meaty "C" shape to my hands than a 60's jazz, but of course not as chunky as a 70's one. The bass came alive with the Fralins and sounds very tatsy with them - better the other three JV's with original pickups that I have played.

More hi-res photos of the bass can be found here: [url="https://picasaweb.google.com/105844066118758229046/JVSquierJazz?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLaT_e7zh92iaw&feat=directlink"]https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink[/url]

My price is £600 including free shipping to UK and most of the EU (if You are outside UK, please ask me and I will calculate the differences in shipping and give You a precise end price).

It will be shipped in its hard case (missing the handle but great for protection during transport, my research suggests it's the original case – light tolex on the outside and plush on the inside). I will ship from Bulgaria so there will be no import taxes for EU buyers. I suppose that PayPal is best as payment method, although it sets me back a bit with all the transfer and withdraw fees. I have positive feedback which can be found here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/125066-feedback-for-fend3r/page__p__2610067__hl__fend3r__fromsearch__1#entry2610067"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2610067[/url]

Feel free to ask me any additional questions or demand additional photos. Delivery usually takes around 7 work days to the UK and most of EU.

Trade wise I would be interested in just about everything – either a straight swap or with cash both ends.

[b]NOW 580 S[/b][b]HIPPED![/b]

Edited by FEND3R

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That slim neck profile looks brilliant. I've had a few Jazz basses USA, Japanese, Mex in my time but this looks to be far far superior. I think the Classic Vibe Jazz which has a great neck has tried to capture this profile too. If I had the money, it would be on its way to England.

Being Oly white it also matches my JV57 Precision!

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1446478215' post='2899646']
That slim neck profile looks brilliant. I've had a few Jazz basses USA, Japanese, Mex in my time but this looks to be far far superior. I think the Classic Vibe Jazz which has a great neck has tried to capture this profile too. If I had the money, it would be on its way to England.

Being Oly white it also matches my JV57 Precision!
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, the neck is really a joy to play. On the other hand if you were willing to trade the 57JV ...................... Just wandering

[quote name='FEND3R' timestamp='1446562288' post='2900319']

Thanks for the kind words, the neck is really a joy to play. On the other hand if you were willing to trade the 57JV ...................... Just wandering
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I couldn't. I've become too attached...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...