Why become a member? ×

SOLD: ACG Recurve 4 Fretless
£600

DavidMcKay

[b]---------- SOLD ----------[/b]

UPDATE: Further to a number of enquiries - new photos added showing spacing, new strings and what not.

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now reduced to £500. Amazing price for a handmade bass. [/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lovely ACG fretless, was £1000 new. 20 months old, excellent condition, some slight marking on fingerboard from round wound strings but otherwise perfect. [/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Alder body with black walnut top, 3 piece maple neck with Indian ebony fingerboard. [/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2 ACG FB humbuckers, John East 2 band preamp, 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 4 way switch - neck pickup, rear pickup, both pickups in series, both pickups in parallel. [/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#333333]Sounds amazing - rich and full, plays beautifully, lightweight body which balances perfectly. Only selling because I have decided to return to fretted and have recently purchased a Cort B5 OPN.[/color][/font]

Restrung with black nylon flatwounds.

Original ACG photo (before addition of [color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]John East 2 band preamp) here:[/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/g030-recurve-4-fretless/"]http://www.acguitars...rve-4-fretless/[/url]

Cheers,

David

Edited by DavidMcKay

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Can you tell what dimensions this bass has please

What is string spacing at zero fret and and at bridge?

what is the neck Depth at zerp fret and 12th fret I have small hands and need a very slim fast neck

I ma presuming this is active? do you have any sounds demos?

cheers

Hi Zawinul

I'll check and get back to you with what I can regarding dimensions, sizing, etc..

If it helps it is the slimmest, fastest neck I've played - but I must also admit that my experience is fairly limited. It is one of the asymmetric designs whereby it is slimmed at the bottom of the neck to facilitate easier finger placement without having to arch the fretting hand as much as a standard neck profile. This helps me as I broke my left wrist last year and got back into bass as a form of physio (or so I told my wife!).

Bass is not active. I am assuming that because it has no battery slot that I would be correct in this?

Re: Demos. You obviously haven't heard me play! I'm rubbish! If you PM me with your email address I'll record something to my iPhone and get that to you.

If it were fretted I honestly wouldn't be selling! If I could afford to get Alan Cringean to make me a new fretted neck I would, but I just couldn't justify the addition £350 over and above what I had already paid for the bass.

Are you able to drop by to play test the guitar? I am based in Glasgow.

David

Folks

Bit of background from previous owner regarding the John East 2 Band Preamp. He ordered the bass with the filter EQ, tried it for a few months then had Alan swap with the conventional John East preamp.

The JE is straightforward. It simply cuts or boost frequencies above a certain threshold for treble and below for bass, just like treble and bass on your bass amp.

The filter based EQs are a bit more involved, which meant that the previous owner couldn't make meaningful adjustments to it when playing live. They could change the tone radically quite easily and this didn't suit the previous owner.

Hope that helps clarify.

David

Hi David

No i'm in South coast, can;t really come for a try, but if you could send me dimensions that would give me a better idea smf i'll Pm you for a quick demo, Im sure it;ll sound great!

Tempted to get it then get old filter put back in as I'm a bit of a fiddler!!

Cheers

Andrew