Why become a member? ×

New handbuilt UK basses for under a grand!

MacDaddy

Just give Mike over at The Bass Merchant in Witham, Essex a ring.

Nice guys, Mike did all the electronics work/modding on my Thingray, and thats awesome!
I've never tried a Zoot but i hear good things, if the preamp is anything like the one he put in my bass, then it sounds fantastic

Si

p.s.
I to have no affiliation to Zoot or the Bass merchant other then I've had some work done there.............and i used to live in essex

Edited by Sibob

I have a Zoot S4 Pro, it a lovely bass and well built looks fantastic, sound good & one of the skinnyest necks i have ever played. But saying that my Drummer donst like it, why, who knows!!!

P.S. I have no connection or endorsement with Zoot Basses, but i did buy the Bass of Wez who is currently endorsed by iceni .

Yes! Mike needs to update the site a bit! I know a chap called Simon who does a bit of webby stuff.. owns a certain 5 string P bass ;o)

Mike and the boys are lovely chaps, very accommodating. Big thumbs up from me. I bought both my Tech cabs from them and nearly maxed out my bank account when they waved an EBS head under my nose. Nearly went on a bread and water diet!!

On a related note, Mike is looking into building lightweight NEO cabs to take on the 'big boys'. I look forward to seeing these. ;o)

[quote name='dood' post='29172' date='Jul 9 2007, 04:41 PM']Yes! Mike needs to update the site a bit! I know a chap called Simon who does a bit of webby stuff.. owns a certain 5 string P bass ;o)

Mike and the boys are lovely chaps, very accommodating. Big thumbs up from me. I bought both my Tech cabs from them and nearly maxed out my bank account when they waved an EBS head under my nose. Nearly went on a bread and water diet!!

On a related note, Mike is looking into building lightweight NEO cabs to take on the 'big boys'. I look forward to seeing these. ;o)[/quote]
And if he uses BFM designs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think Mike would be too proud to build a BFM for anyone. Hell, it'd be good to see someone doing that. I'd prefer to leave it to a pro to be honest.

Its worth asking!

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='28726' date='Jul 8 2007, 07:33 PM']New handbuilt UK basses for under a grand![/quote]

Well yeah, ACG's new jazz range is quite a bit less than that and superb quality.

For the record i have no connection to ACG other than owning 2 basses.

[quote name='dood' post='29172' date='Jul 9 2007, 04:41 PM']Yes! Mike needs to update the site a bit! I know a chap called Simon who does a bit of webby stuff.. owns a certain 5 string P bass ;o)

On a related note, Mike is looking into building lightweight NEO cabs to take on the 'big boys'. I look forward to seeing these. ;o)[/quote]

the first couple of 1x12 cabs have been finished already, they are very light and the ones i saw didnt even have neo drivers! they're pretty compact and are covered in a dark green leather! looks pretty classy. i think hes gona start taking orders for them in the near future! with regards to his website i think its nearly done, though don't hold me to that!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='29329' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:42 PM']And if he uses BFM designs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

[quote name='dood' post='29366' date='Jul 9 2007, 09:25 PM']I dont think Mike would be too proud to build a BFM for anyone. Hell, it'd be good to see someone doing that. I'd prefer to leave it to a pro to be honest.

Its worth asking![/quote]

I believe that Finnbass.com user Thumper now has the exclusive right to BFM designs in the UK... It's be worth contacting him for a quote :)