Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Double Bass - Carved Flatback C.1920 Czech. Sounds and plays beautifully.
£1150

[center]SOLD[/center]

[center][color=#b22222][size=5]Carved Flatback Double Bass - C.1920 - Czech[/size][/color][/center]
[center][b]So here we have a real treat. This bass has been dated and estimated by Roger Dawson of London at circa 1920, made in Czechoslovakia. I am gradually selling up and i have been holding off from selling this treasure but i am not playing it so it's time for it to go. [/b][/center]

[center][color=#000000]Solid wood, fully carved and in great working order. This bass sounds absolutely fantastic, it has a strong but relaxed tone, clear and full, with plenty of bass and a deep low E response. It has been well used, as you can see from the pictures, but it is still holding up nice and strong. The fingerboard is smooth and in perfect condition and was levelled and set at the same time as the rest of the bass was worked on by Roger Dawson.[/color][/center]

[center][attachment=200856:DSCF4133.JPG][/center]
[center][color=#a52a2a]The reason for the low price is that the neck was detached from the body when i bought the bass. It has been re-attached and re-set by top luthier Roger Dawson, and is absolutely solid, sounds great and plays fantastic. The whole bass has been set up, checked and is in full performance condition! You can see where the neck has been joined in the pictures. The neck itself is in great condition and has never been broken or damaged. [/color]

[color=#000000]The solid wood carved back is flat with a 'cant' at the upper bout (the angled top section of the back). The body shape itself is a typical gamba cut. It has a rosewood fingerboard with a 'Romburg bevel', which is the angled section of the fingerboard underneath the E-string.[/color]

[color=#000000]It is currently strung with nearly-new Pirastro Evah Pirazzi strings, to give a nice balance to the sound. They are synthetic core, steel wound, very expensive strings and they give a nice warmth to the strong deep sound this bass produces.[/color]

[color=#b22222]As you can see in the pictures, this beautiful bass has definitely been well used, but it feels solid, plays great and can really sing! [/color][/center]

[center][color=#b22222][attachment=200851:DSCF4112.JPG][/color][/center]

[center][b]Viewings are welcome in the Liverpool area. I think that when people hear this bass for themselves it won't take long for it to go. [/b]

[b]Please get in touch if you have any questions. You can also email me at: [email protected][/b][/center]
[center][color=#800000][b]Thanks for looking! [/b][/color][/center]
[center][color=#800000][b]Dave :)[/b][/color][/center]

Edited by thedavesideofthemoon