Why become a member? ×

New Ampeg PF 20 and PF 50 and a new Cab too

Thunderpaws

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1442519810' post='2867591']
Yeah, I know, shocking. Wonder how loud the 50 will go and how many rock guitars it could cut through and how it would fair in pub rock. Imagine releasing a product and not having a video ready!
[/quote]
lol that won't cut the mootard against a marshall stack!

€799 and €1199 respectively from a quick google trawl. A bit pricey I think. Surprised they didn't go for a 100w version too, but I suppose you're into V4 territory then...

Agree on the preamp - if they want to go old-school why not do it properly?

[quote name='mazdah' timestamp='1442556328' post='2867698']
I really wanted them to have vintage, 2-band Bandaxall EQ. Pf50 looks like svt preamp, pf20 looks like pf350 preamp with tubes. I was never fan of pf350 (although I had one). Not for me, I have better and cheaper Ampegs in my rack case.

:-(
[/quote]

Aye. I'd like to try one, but I can't help feeling they could have done much better with these.

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1442990692' post='2871102']
[media]http://youtu.be/Md0y36zWd4Y[/media]
[/quote]

These demos are terrible! The amps look great and I'm sure they will sound great too, but these demos look like they were recorded with a phone, which makes the amps sound horrible. How hard can it be to put a bit of effort into getting a better recorded sound? Especially when you're demonstrating an amp designed primarily for studio use.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have the PF50T but missed this thread when it came out. It sounds immense! I'm really happy with it and for the record it isn't ugly!

Special warning though, it doesn't fit into the PF cabs from the firs six months of production (i.e. not a problem for most but a huge problem for some!!