Why become a member? ×

Fretless WITHDRAWN
£895

Oldman

As mentioned in the Fretted post, I have decided to cut down my flock of basses and offer up for sale this Fretless version of the RUACH Fulcrum 5 string Bass. I commissioned both basses January 2013, they have been gigged 2 or 3 times each and hang on the Man Cave wall. The neck profile was copied from my Warwick Thumb and is fairly accurate considering its a 5iver, easy to play.

As you can see it is an impressive looking bass, sleek lines with a Scorpio motif at the 12th fret ! :rolleyes:
Identical in construction to the Fretted version also posted here on this forum.

35" scale, 18mm bridge spacing, 10mm at the Nut, La Bella Flats
Black hardware, Headway Piezzo acoustic bridge pickup and passive Volume and tone controls, this Bass sings.
Body and Neck are Flame Maple with a Black Pin Stripe and the top is a Maple Quilt, neck is top quality Ebony which was hard to source due to the thumb rest extension length required.

Natural Wax finish.

Not looking for trades at this stage but you can try me.

Some snaps;
This is the front of the twins
[attachment=201159:Ruach Twins Front.JPG]
This is the Back
[attachment=201162:Back RUACH Twins.JPG]
Thumb rest extension
[attachment=201160:Thumb Rest RUACH.JPG]
Hanging around
[attachment=201161:20150106_202356.jpg]
Together
[attachment=201164:RUACH Rear.jpg]

This bass is the most 'Organic' bass I have ever played and would suit an acoustic type setup. It has a chambered body making it possibly the lightest fretless in Christendom !

The Twins will on view at the Bass Bash this Saturday.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Oldman

[quote name='Musashimonkey' timestamp='1443294809' post='2873700']
I had a play on this at the bash. Super lightweight due the chambering, very smith to play, organic tones and very easy on the eye! A nice bass indeed. GLWTS 😀
[/quote]

Thanks, I love to see more accomplished players play that bass :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, I will take a part chop in the form of a Class 'D' head or a Mesa Carbine in part or full trade. The provenance of single ownership is preferred (new to you)

What I will do is trade the both for a Thumb NT 5 or 6

• 2 weeks later...