Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Helix.

fretmeister

[quote name='aidanhallbass' timestamp='1503164948' post='3356192']
I'm really interested in the helix LT, currently just have a zoom b3 for effects like fuzz / distortion / chorus and use the sansamp emulator for my standard tone into a tb500.. I'm curious to know how good the valve amp emulator sounds and also how good the fuzz and distortion is. Usually with digital fuzz effects you lose quality in comparison to say an analogue pedal. I *was* considering getting a sansamp and a couple of other pedals for live gigs but this looks like it can cover the lot! I also play through an AD200B (when my back feels up to it) and I wouldn't need any amp or cab emulation with that, just effects, but as much as I love it I'm considering selling this to fund a helix.
[/quote]

Whilst I will mainly use Helix for guitar, I sold my full Orange bass stack because of the size and weight. The amp sounded glorious but I didn't need it. A good quality solid state bass amp and lightweight cab, or indeed a powered cab, add Helix to those, done.

Edited by Musicman20

Start from scratch.

Bin the presets.

In the Cab models use the hi and low cut controls.

Cut everything below 80hz and everything over 6khz

Ask if you have any questions. I'm getting quite good at it - also join the Facebook group (the proper one with 8000 members) it's a library of information.

[quote name='steviedee' timestamp='1503331636' post='3357335']
Picking up my Helix LT this evening..... quite excited.... sad I know!
[/quote]

Make sure you update it immediately and watch a few tutorial vids....allow yourself a good weekend to get used to the initial use. I've not even started using it on bass yet!

Updated the firmware, I'll deffo have questions. The amp sims sound excellent to me. Initially it will be getting to know the interface, then building a preset, organising your sounds and then onto more complex things like the dual signal path. But great and seems a real quality thing.

Well everyone loving the Helix so far, the sounds are excellent but I'm just knocked out by the ease of use. Not doing anything wacky simply just assigning sounds to switches and using the amp models etc but in the limited time I've had to play with it I've created some really usable presets. I can easily see it replacing my current set up and there is the added bonus of being useful for the guitar.

Well let's hope so. Picked up the full fat floor unit today. Already impressed through a pa cab. My aguilar DB750, Eden cab and entire pedal board will be up for sale before the end of the weekend. Looking for a pair of Barefaced FR800s now.

Just one thing I really like so far, is that I've set up a 'default chain' of effects in a 'stomp box' manner. I think it's great that there's certain effects in my chain that will be permanently on (the ones that are replacing the amp, eq and compression jobs for example). They don't need to be assigned to a foot switch, leaving me with 8 pedals for the effects I do want to punch in. Further more, I have assigned one or more effects to a single button meaning that I can switch on a whole chain of effects in one go.

I've barely touched the surface and I'm really starting to get my head round some, just some, of the features. Next up I need to look at syncing the whole lot with my Helix plug in too!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1504622630' post='3366126']
When you get to the Snapshots you can change the values of those effects at the same time.
[/quote]

I'd been watching one or two YouTube videos and hadn't already grasped what the snapshots were capable of. I've been so busy recently that I've only had the HLT on a handful of times! Very unlike me ha ha!!

I have managed to set up my triple band compression, dual signal paths and I've started on my drive routings. I also saw a video of a guy using the Helix to also provide his IEM headphone mix too. That was just too cool!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1504624958' post='3366145']
I have managed to set up my triple band compression, dual signal paths and I've started on my drive routings. I also saw a video of a guy using the Helix to also provide his IEM headphone mix too. That was just too cool!
[/quote]

Ooh that sounds good!

I think the best Bass endorsement I've seen for this unit is the fact that Billy Sheehan is now using one (the LT) for his live rig.

Like or dislike his tone, he's a fiend for compressors / bass distortions / signal paths. If it's good enough for him to use live, then who am I to argue?

[url="https://youtu.be/ZlJWB1rqQfo"]https://youtu.be/ZlJWB1rqQfo[/url]

Edited by LewisK1975