Why become a member? ×

Traded thanks very much
£750

ead

[size=5][b]For sale: Fender ‘60s Road Worn Jazz Bass - Only £600 for a quick sale[/b][/size]

[b]Trade options (trade value £700): [/b]

[b]Amp head - Something lightish c.500W (into 4ohms) with some cash my way[/b]

[b]Bass-wise willing to consider anything interesting although most probably 4-string (maybe 5-string)[/b]

[size=4]I’m the second owner of this bass. It has been gigged a few times (but hey, it’s a RW series bass), but has always been well looked after and has lived in a hard case in my ownership. It comes with original Fender luxury gig bag and case candy. The bass was professionally set up along with a fret dress by the previous owner. It plays really well and has a great tone.[/size]

[size=4]I’m not a Fender expert in any way but these basses get pretty favourable reviews and cost around £1,100 new (my tutor thinks it is the best Jazz bass he has ever played). Local viewing is welcomed (PR6), although if this is difficult I can provide as many photos as you like. I did buy the bass specifically to fit in with the "look" of a blues band I'm in, but my new ACG J Type is now doing the heavy lifting so this bass is hardly being used.[/size]

[size=4]The serial number is MZ8270946. This dates the bass to 2008/09, as such it is one of the first production models and doesn’t have the weird extra hole under the pickguard. I would rather meet up if at all possible.[/size]

[size=4][url="http://intl.fender.com/en-GB/basses/jazz-bass/road-worn-60s-jazz-bass-rosewood-fingerboard-3-color-sunburst-4-ply-brown-shell-pickguard/"]Link to spec on Fender website[/url][/size]

[size=4]The bass is currently strung with D’Addario nickel wound strings (approximately 2 months old). Please feel free to ask any questions you like to which I will respond as quickly and as accurately as I am able.[/size]

Edited by ead

[quote name='Cyrene' timestamp='1443968723' post='2879059']
2010 Highway One (upgradeJazz in Honey Blonde? 9/10 condition (light polishing of nitro)
[/quote]

[quote name='Radchenko' timestamp='1443972066' post='2879094']
Any trade for a Fender jb classic 60 ow? Thanks.
[/quote]

Thanks for the interesting offers. Probably on the look out for something not immediately jazz bass related.

I've got one of these, and I keep telling people just how good they are
They are absolutely brilliant basses. They look, sound & feel the real deal
Mine is my fave ever bass, and at £650 this is an absolute bargain

To any interested buyers - just look for the threads by players who own one of these beauties
Honestly, they're amazing. I had 2 US Jazzes since getting my RW Jazz
and though they were both lovely basses, neither came anywhere near my RW

GLWTS - someone buy this, you will not regret it :)

[quote name='Macker5' timestamp='1444226346' post='2881333']
Would you be interested in a German made Warwick Streamer $$ - Natural Ash body?
[/quote]

I've PMed you.

Can't believe this hasn't been snapped up
C'mon BC'ers - these basses are the canine's essentials! ;)

Honestly, you can't get such a fantastic quality Fender Jazz for anything like this money
I've had 2 USA Jazzes (both nice) but sold them both, as neither of them touched my RW Jazz!

Free bump, for a superb bass, at a silly low price