Why become a member? ×

Hi from Leicestershire

FranticAct

So after a good 15 years down time I have finally got the opportunity to get back together with some old muso pals and blow off the cobwebs. An old buddy of mine (fellow bass player) died recently and it was decided to have a charity gig in his honor. I was asked to play bass and it turned out to be a fantastic affair. After the gig we all got "da bug" again. We've started rehearsing again and it feels great to be playing again with the lads.

A few years ago I snaffled a great deal on flea bay for a shop soiled Ibanez SR1000EFM from the states. I took the plunge and bought it....Wow!

A fantastic bass albeit I have had a bit of a battle with noisy pots but I think I've sorted it now. However, all my bass playing recently has been into a computer using bass sim software (sorry bout that guys!)

I'm still gutted that when I stopped playing I got rid of a pristine thru neck Yamaha BB2000 in a custimised case - worth a bob or two now I think!

I have always had a soft spot for Trace Elliot kit so I joined this forum to not only get to know yooz lot but to see if you guys sell on your unwanted toys. I'm scraping some cash together (always a problem) and I think I would like to bag myself an AH250 or something similar. Then I will add a 4 x10 and maybe a 1x15 later on for a bit of "fatness".

How often do these amps appear on here? - also could you advise me on good TE alternatives to the AH250. Any advise welcomed.

Cheers guys
Steve

Edited by FranticAct