Why become a member? ×

Buy an amp, get bass guitar free!!

jezzaboy

Got this e mail from Gear4music. If you are looking to buy an Ampeg amp, you get a free Sterling bass!

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Ampeg-BA-210-V2-Combo-and-Free-Sterling-by-Music-Man-Sub-Ray-4-Black/1DOX?utm_source=benchmark&utm_medium=email-marketing&utm_campaign=email-250915#full-des

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1443215301' post='2873238']
I've not looked at the individual prices, but that sounds like a good deal, if you were looking to move up from your first Affinty Precison and practice amp, you could do a lot worse.
[/quote]

GAK have the amp for much the same price and you DO get a free gift... A guitar cable... Not quite the same VFM!

Edited by TrevorR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I went for this deal just before the new year, and it's still on. I only really wanted the Ampeg BA-210, so my Plan A was to get the deal, sell the Sub and V-Amp, and recover probably 50% of the money = cheap Ampeg combo! (Also a good sales pitch to the missus!) I believe G4M had the same combo for sale on Black Friday for £239 but I missed that.

Superb delivery, I ordered it just before 1600 on Wednesday, it all arrived by about 0930 the next day, delivery costs £10 via DPD.
Ampeg fine (minor ding in one rear metal corner so no big deal and that's going to happen soon anyway), V-Amp, well I played with that and I just might want to keep it. However:

Sub Bass? trashed! A big chunk taken out of the lacquer, about an inch and half long, and down to the wood Grrrrrr! So it's now with DPD and on its way back to York. Given that there were no shards in the packaging I'm guessing it was a factory error and not checked by G4M before dispatch.

Anyway, I didn't play the bass, but from the reviews on here and elsewhere it sounds like a potential keeper, so plan A may be out of the window! I have owned two EB MM Stingray's in 35 years, my dream guitar (a Banshee's and Cure fan), but I could never get on with them. Playability and tone were perfect, but they were really heavy and never fitted my frame for some reason. I am a Fender fan, but let's see what happens when the replacement Sub arrives.

Steve

Edited by RhythmSection