Why become a member? ×

Noob type question

louisthebass

Hi all,
Apologies if this has been covered in a previous topic, just not sure how to word it so here goes...

I want to be able to link up my notebook to a two channel Behringer mixer so I can play along with a recording on Youtube. Main reason for this is that I want to be able to do everything through headphones as I don't want to upset everyone in the house or the neighbours?

I've successfully been able to play my bass and use my drum machine through the mixer so I can practice through headphones, but I would like to be able to add the above option if it's possible? If it is, and anyone out there knows how to do it, that would be cool - if you can explain it like you would to a child, even better as I'm a bit slow at this type of thing :unsure:.

Mods - if this is in the wrong part of the forum, please move..

Edited by louisthebass

Looks like that mixer has 4 stereo inputs all on 1/4-inch jack. One of those would be ideal for your PC. What you need is a stereo lead which is 3.5mm jack to 2 x 1/4-inch jacks.

These are difficult to find so an alternative is a 3.5mm stereo to 2 x phono lead and a pair of phono to 1/4-inch jack adaptors

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1443305849' post='2873810']
Looks like that mixer has 4 stereo inputs all on 1/4-inch jack. One of those would be ideal for your PC. What you need is a stereo lead which is 3.5mm jack to 2 x 1/4-inch jacks.

These are difficult to find so an alternative is a 3.5mm stereo to 2 x phono lead and a pair of phono to 1/4-inch jack adaptors
[/quote]

Ok, that's cool - I'll look into that and pay a visit to my local Maplins. Thanks to everyone who's replied :)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1443351216' post='2873989']
The Xenyx 1002 has a 2-track input using phono sockets. With levels adjusted from the source (volume out from the laptop..?), no adaptor would be required.
Just sayin'.
[/quote]

Indeed unlike some mixers this has a "2-track to Mix" to allow the 2-track input to be used an additional source, so just 3.5mm stereo to 2 x phono is all you need Louis.