Why become a member? ×

NDBD!!!

Jimryan

Morning all,

Today's the day, it's been a long time coming but it's finally NDBD! Just waiting for it to turn up now and cannot wait. At the moment I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of a Thomann 111E BR 3/4. Unfortunately there's not a lot more I can do until it arrives, after which pictures will naturally follow.

Next week I'm going to stick a set of rotosounds on it, I've purposely decided to leave the stock strings on for a week so I can appreciate the difference and I'm also considering one of the J-tone pickups.

Following advice on here I've been watching a load of videos on discoverdoublebass and have found them very helpful and I've also looked into finding a local tutor.

The last time I owned a DB was a few years ago and never really got to use it (bar one gig), so I'm hoping to use this one a fair bit. Probably going to stick to mainly pizz and slap but occasionally I might try Arco (but doubt it). After having a think about what I'd like to do, I reckon I'll stick to some jazz playing, might see if any acoustic duos fancy being a trio and would love to give playing swing covers in clubs and restaurants a go, but more on that in the future.

Anyway, I'm gonna go back to looking at pictures of everyone else's DB's whilst hoping it turns up soon...

Cheers,

James

[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/jimryan88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0w7d9qeq.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0w7d9qeq.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

A quick once over and a tune up in the kitchen before it's taken upstairs to meet its family.

First thoughts, it's a lot nicer than I was expecting. String tension is a little too much for my liking so will invest in some lower tension ones. It's also a hell of a lot heavier than my last DB.