Why become a member? ×

3 Leaf audio Protron vs Wonderlove

aleio82

Hi guys, I need a suggestion. I actually own a Protron and I am pretty satisfied but I think it doesn't cut the mixer too much. Has someone tried the Wonderlove? What are the differences between the two? On the website I don't see too many informations.

Many thanks in advance.

I found the Proton a bit too subtle also, but much preferred it to the Wonderlove, I just couldn't dial in a good sound to fit my playing with that pedal. The Groove Regulator blows both of them away though I reckon. I've not had a chance to try the GR2 but word is it's even better - and since one went up for sale in the classifieds today and they don't come up that often, I advise you to jump on it!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1443479709' post='2875196']
I found the Proton a bit too subtle also, but much preferred it to the Wonderlove, I just couldn't dial in a good sound to fit my playing with that pedal. The Groove Regulator blows both of them away though I reckon. I've not had a chance to try the GR2 but word is it's even better - and since one went up for sale in the classifieds today and they don't come up that often, I advise you to jump on it!
[/quote]

I would second the GR2 recommendation. I've owned an early proton, which I liked but it didn't have enough control over the envelope for my liking, but the newer version seems better. I've owned all the bigger 3 leaf filters except the newest version of the wonderlove. The GR2 was the best for me. Easy to dial in and sounds awesome! BUT There's another cull of gear coming and it might go due to lack of use... For all the effects I actually use I may as well stick to my Zoom B3.