Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Lowdown Problems

Callumjord

Hi guys,

First time posting here.

I have had my line 6 lowdown 150 for a couple of years now and it has served my greatly as a bedroom amp and for very small rehearsals,

However, I am now playing in a covers band and have noticed that the amp produces a bit of a loud high pitch hiss when its turned up around 7-8 (I normally notice it half way through practise)

I am yet to still find out what the problem is, I have reduced the amount of bass on my settings and this hasn't had much of an effect.

I am playing a 5 string musicman into a compressor and a noise gate, however, this seem to not be really affecting the sound.

Could it be down to it being a 1x12 combo and there is no tweeter?

Any help would be great and thanks in advance

Have you tried it without the pedals? Plug the bass straight into the amp and see if you still get the noise? could be coming from how the compressor is set or poor power supply on the pedals.

Could also simply be there's too much top end in the EQ - either on the amp or from the bass itself? Have you got the treble full up on the bass or the amp or both?