Why become a member? ×

Gibson 2014 SG Spl.

gsgbass

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one of these beauties in chocolate brown. Fantastic bass, the playability is just incredible. I did have an issue with the neck pick-up rattling, but this was solved with some extra foam and a little card between the pick-up and cover.

Anyway here's a pretty rubbish low-light picture I just took.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1444941437' post='2887604']
The satin looks good, sadly on mine it marked very easily. Wax polish fixed that and I really like the wax finish.
[/quote]

I think it's a really thin finish as well so I'm half expecting it to look relic'd in a couple of years. Finding some spots of the finish are turning gloss where there is more wear.

Any chance of getting a picture of it with the wax finish?

Been giving a bridge replacement a thought, can any one with a Babicz three-point bridge comment? I'm finding the floating three point kinda hurts my hand when I'm playing with a pick and muting, although I haven't had any issues with string height or intonation.

[quote name='SingleMalt' timestamp='1444933470' post='2887521']
I've got one of these beauties in chocolate brown. Fantastic bass, the playability is just incredible. I did have an issue with the neck pick-up rattling, but this was solved with some extra foam and a little card between the pick-up and cover.

Anyway here's a pretty rubbish low-light picture I just took.

[/quote]

Nice, looking good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...