Why become a member? ×

Conklin GT-7 - traded!
£800

Satrugar

Now traded!

Hi!

I'm selling my Groove Tools GT-7.

Last price drop for a straight sale: [b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color]600[/b] including shipping. Trade value around [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£[/font][/color]700.

Specs: Swamp ash body, flame maple top, high gloss wine red finish, 7 piece wenge/purpleheart neck with 2 trussrods, purpleheart fretboard with 24 frets, 2 Bartolini soapbars, active 2-band preamp (volume/balance/treble/bass), 34" scale, string spacing is around 16-17mm at the bridge, Neutrik locking jack.

It's a fantastic bass in near mint condition. Electronics and trussrods are working perfectly, action can be set very low and the finish is nearly immaculate (check the pics, I tried to capture everything). No visible fretweat at all, looks (and plays) as new!
The weight comes in at around 5kg on my bathroom scale, which I think is pretty good for such a massive 7-string. Also helps it balance nicely on a strap.
The neck is rather flat and wide and feels great, I really like the profile on this one.

The Conklin was bought new and imported from Musicians Friend in the US in 2011/2012, I should still have the receipt and import documents somewhere. :ph34r:

Pics:

More pics can be found in my photobucket: [url="http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/Satrugar/library/Conklin%20GT7"]Link[/url]

Shipping in the EU is no problem at all, but of course you can also test and/or pick it up here in Stuttgart, Germany. :P

I'd prefer a straight sale, but you can always try to tempt me with trades. For instance I could use a Darkglass B7K, maybe a small and powerful class d amp, perhaps a nice 5- or 6-string....just shoot me a pm, worst I can do is say "no, thanks".

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Oh, and here's my feedback: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/201032-feedback-for-satrugar/"]Link[/url]

Cheers
Janis

Edited by Satrugar

These are great basses. I had one for some years and the Barts in it and the wood combination gave me a really even sounding bass in all registers. I especially loved how broken-in Rotosound steel strings sounded on this bass. The neck is quite slim and narrow for a 7 string and the whole thing ballances well due to the well designed locations of the strap-pins. I always regretted the fact that Conklin did not produce a 6 string version of the GT (only 7, 5 and 4) That would have been a near perfect bass for me.
Good luck with the sale!

Thanks, Paul! :)
The Conklin really is a quality piece of kit. I'm just selling it because my Dingwall ABZ 6 satisfies most of my ERB-needs and so the GT-7 doesn't get enough attention and playing time to justify keeping it.

Price for a straight sale now reduced!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Found something I'd like to buy....so the price for a straight sale is now reduced to [/font][/color][b]£700[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] including shipping.[/font][/color]