Why become a member? ×

South west bass bash, yes a real one. Sunday 18th October.

Jimrs2k2

I thought I would post a little update on the '65 Precision that some of you enjoyed playing at the SW bash.

It has a new owner, a certain Keith Duffy long time bassist with The Corrs. Hopefully you might see him using it at the Royal Variety Show, scheduled for the TV in December.

So apologies in advance, I won't be able to bring it to the next bash!!!

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1447594258' post='2908727']
I'll add to this my list of Really Tenuous Claims to Fame. I once played Keith Duffy from the Corrs' bass*

(* before he bought it)

Like I said... tenuous... :)
[/quote]
'Tenuous'..isn't that a ringing in the ears?

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Cotswoldbassguitars' timestamp='1447593062' post='2908704']
Thanks Simon - he is also a very nice man! I have taken a couple of his basses he used on Corrs and Boyzone recordings in part exchange.
[/quote]

Have you got his blue Lakland? lovely looking bass....

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1447723366' post='2909842']
Have you got his blue Lakland? lovely looking bass....
[/quote]

Hi Kevin,

No blue Lakland I'm afraid!

Instead, a 1973 Telecaster Bass (crazy amount of 'thump' with the Humbucker) and his Custom Made Ales Vychodil 5 String Precision (AVBP5) in Sunburst.

They should appear on my website soonish.....

David

[quote name='Cotswoldbassguitars' timestamp='1447791480' post='2910479']
Hi Kevin,

No blue Lakland I'm afraid!

Instead, a 1973 Telecaster Bass (crazy amount of 'thump' with the Humbucker) and his Custom Made Ales Vychodil 5 String Precision (AVBP5) in Sunburst.

They should appear on my website soonish.....

David
[/quote]

i knew i shouldnt have googled for your site! dammit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1453154186' post='2956987']
Cheeky thread hijack!
My band Kohiba have just completed a new ep & I've just uploaded them to soundcloud. Any listens, likes, shares & comments will be very appreciated!

[url="https://soundcloud.com/kohiba"]https://soundcloud.com/kohiba[/url]

Cheers,
Norm
[/quote]

That hit's the spot for me Norm in terms of general sound. Lots of energy and an interesting mix of old and new styles. It makes me want to see you play live! I can't really comment on the production as I was listening though my PC :)

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1453157174' post='2957035']

That hit's the spot for me Norm in terms of general sound. Lots of energy and an interesting mix of old and new styles. It makes me want to see you play live! I can't really comment on the production as I was listening though my PC :)
[/quote]

Thanks for listening! Interesting, we have a lot of influences that seem to poke through. Main writer Paul is also a dj, he runs a soul night, so there is deffo a danceability. Northern soul, old funk, 60's garage psyche, dub reggae, drum & bass through to post punk & rock stuff. Hopefully get some gigs going on soon although we are finding it difficult at the moment, lots of asking but not a lot of getting! Our sonic engineer is a mate who has worked with pj harvey, biffy clyro, pineapple thief before, knows his stuff!
Cheers, Norm.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1461623698' post='3036322']
So its been a while ive got even more pedals! ie soon a two pedalboard set up!..............anyone up for another bass gathering?
[/quote]

Not sure if they have the power for your pedalboard!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Rainbass' timestamp='1472810024' post='3124404']
I'm new to the South West, and would definitely be up for one. I'm in Bideford now, and suddenly everything is a long way away, but Somerset would work!
[/quote]

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread but I'm a Bideford resident too!! (Been here 20 years now............)

Just to let you know I'm playing with my 80's band (The Spaced Invaders) tomorrow night at The Palladium Club in Bideford (just off Mill Street by the Heavitree Arms) - if you're about come down & say hello!

Cheers
Dave