Why become a member? ×

Does anyone know how to play "Wurlitzer Jukebox"?

Sercet

The Young Marble Giants are my favourite band of all time. I've always wanted to play the bass line to Wurlitzer Jukebox, but my lack of musical skill prevents me from working out the notes. Does anyone have the tab, notation, or just the notes? Failing that, how about "Final Day"?

Thanks

Steve

[quote name='Sercet' timestamp='1443719000' post='2877167']
The Young Marble Giants are my favourite band of all time. I've always wanted to play the bass line to Wurlitzer Jukebox, but my lack of musical skill prevents me from working out the notes. Does anyone have the tab, notation, or just the notes? Failing that, how about "Final Day"?

Thanks

Steve
[/quote]

Try this (no guarantee of exactitude, but it'll give you a start...)

Download and change filename to 'Wurlitzer Jukebox.pdf'...

[attachment=201855:Wurlitzer Jukebox.pdf]

Hope this helps

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Sercet' timestamp='1443737692' post='2877403']
Did you work that out and write it up, or did you find it on the web? Either way, many, many thanks. I've wanted to play that for a long time, but couldn't work out that little riff.
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

Take this as a light-hearted reply, not as a poke at you. I read your post, looked on t'web and found nothing but a UTube video. I listened through, took down my bass from the wall behind me and played it through. Then, with Guitar Pro 6, I typed it up as a rough score, and played it back, then printed to Pdf. The whole thing took about 20 minutes. I'm a drummer. ;)
All this, to say that transcribing comes with a little bit of experience, and the key to that is to do it. As for the song chosen, they don't come much easier than that. We even [i]see [/i]what he's doing at what fret in the video..! Use this as an exercise to work 'em out for yourself. Find something to slow down the playback without changing the pitch, for instance, or use the 'trial and error, note after note' method. The more you do it, the better you'll become. You've had your head-start; do it the 'hard' way at first, and in no time at all it'll be [i]you [/i]replying to posts such as these with your own transcription. B)
Enjoy, and 'Bon courage'.
All the best
Douglas

Edited by Dad3353