Why become a member? ×

Bloody Rugby!!!!

barneyg42

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1443953417' post='2878867']
It's quite possible you can't see the winking smiley at the end of the message!!!
[/quote]

No, I can't which is why I asked..... but reading between the lines, I wouldn't be sure anyway..

We've been going on later and playing straight through. People seem happy with it.

Started at 10 last night, pretty grim atmosphere after the England - Australia debacle, but as soon as we started up people just thought 'what the hell' and went for it. Turned out to be a blinding gig! :yarr:

We delayed the start of our gig last night until the rugby finished. We started at 10 and played through until 11.30. Then had a second set from 12 until 1.

Just playing jazz and Latin it seemed to go down well.

I did get some odd looks sat in the corner reading my book with a cup of black coffee whilst waiting for the game to finish 😊.

We've had two gigs postponed because of the RWC. It's not the end of the world. I suspect that no-one looks at the future sporting fixtures when they book bands in several months before the event.

No, the real catastrophe of the Rugby World Cup is the bloody awful version of "World in Union" by Paloma Faith. I'd been ready to give her the benefit of the doubt until then, but it's a dreadful rendition of the song.

Yup, the last two gigs we've gone on after the match - last nights was the LCCC Gala Dinner, so no-one was really bothered anyway, it was the awards which took up the time...

Can't see the Uruguay match being any competition now...

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1443988533' post='2879297']
Yup, the last two gigs we've gone on after the match - last nights was the LCCC Gala Dinner, so no-one was really bothered anyway, it was the awards which took up the time...

Can't see the Uruguay match being any competition now...
[/quote]

It wont be.... it will be a way to play all the guys who haven't had any game time as yet....so it will be close to a B team.
Also a goodbye to a few players that wont make the next squad but tbf..that is not Lancaster's call as he has to go.
I don't think Easter will get another call-up tho. regardless of who is coach and that is purely an age thing.

We played a gig the night of the England Wales game- the bloody landlord turned it off when we started playing. I protested loudly and it got turned back on.

I did drop a couple of notes when the Welsh scored points but I think I was the only one in the pub watching it.

Who says bass players can't multi task? Bass, Backing Vocals, Guitarist glaring, and Rugby watching

Well I have to say in all honesty we've been getting messages all day checking if the gig was really cancelled! Without blowing my own trumpet I have a really good local following of friends and as we only play locally 5-6 times a year they're always up for it. One lot usually turn up with 10+ people and eat at the pub first, this time they messaged me to say they had 20 turning up! The band as a whole are gutted, now ok it's only one gig but we only do two a year at this particular venue and always pack it out!
Oh well, I hope whoever was there enjoyed a 60-3 win against a team of part timers in a dead game!!

#I'm not bitter!!!