Why become a member? ×

Sandberg TT5 - Stunning German 35" scale 5-string Über-Jazz - Now SOLD
£750

dannybuoy

5-string super jazz from Sandberg, 35" scale, rosewood board, proper tort guard, ash body in a stunning matte transparent 3-tone sunburst. Pickups are probably Sandberg's own, electronics are a 2-band EQ with active/passive switching, I assume Glockenklang.

Great condition except for a couple of scuffs on the headstock, a scratch on the back of the neck behind the nut, two tiny paint chips and some scuffing by the jack socket (all pictured). The finish seems to be nitro so will become naturally road-worn over time - now you have a head start!

Was £750, now £700 inc hard case. Pick up from St Neots or courier is not a problem! SOLD

More pics here: [url="http://imgur.com/a/dOsRP"]http://imgur.com/a/dOsRP[/url]

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1443886036' post='2878482']
5-string super jazz from Sandberg, 35" scale, rosewood board, proper tort guard, ash body in a stunning matte transparent 3-tone sunburst. Pickups are probably Sandberg's own, electronics are a 3-band EQ with active/passive switching, I assume Glockenklang.
[/quote]

Stock pickups on Californias are Delano, which have big MM-style pole pieces. Yours are more traditional-looking, which means they may be Haussels - Sandberg fit them as an option (with upcharge) if you want a more traditional J-bass sound. I've never tried them but I've heard others on BC rate them v highly.

Yes, the preamp will be Glockenklang, but the standard one is two-band not three - is yours definitely 3-band? If so, then that's another upgrade from stock!

Either way, this will be a fantastic bass, and the price is right too! Good luck with it!

[quote name='WAYNESWORLD' timestamp='1445455845' post='2891679']
Times are really hard on here at the moment. Nothing is reaching its value it would seem!. Some of the stuff on here is going for silly money.
[/quote]

Agreed.

I guess it is OK if you are buying [i]and[/i] selling here because it squares up, but otherwise it is a bit of a wake up call!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1445545517' post='2892374']
Not really after any trades as I'm trying to reduce the size of my bass collection! But no harm in PMing me with whatever you have to offer in case I have a moment of weakness!
[/quote]

Then, sir, you got a message :)