Why become a member? ×

Blown LS-2

Corvine

Hello

I think I've blown my Boss LS-2 pedal. While swapping another pedal into one of the loops on the ls-2, as I plugged the power into it (the other pedal, not the ls-2) there was a bit of a popping sound throught the amp (both channel volumes on LS were turned right down at the time), and now there is no sound coming through either of the loops or through the bypass signal. Lights come on on the pedal as normal, just no sound.
Both pedals were on the same power supply (but not daisy-chained) if that's relevant.

Does this sound like something that is repairable? Would a repair cost less than getting another one second hand?
Did I do something stupid that can be avoided in the future?!

Thanks for your help!

George

Ok, thanks, not done any electrical/soldering stuff really, but sure I could learn if it's not too complicated. Do Boss have schematics that can be downloaded that show what's what inside the pedal?

Will it be possible to tell if the diode is blown by looking at it, or will I need testleads or something?

cheers